What is Camp React?
Camp React is a Big Cat Goalkeeping keystone. Established in 2011, Camp React is a highly anticipated, fun, and competitive goalkeeping summer camp. Directed by Neil Thompson, and run by a knowledgeable staff of Big Cat coaches, Camp React offers a full week of goalkeeper-specific training experience for goalkeepers of all ages and skill levels.
While at camp, goalkeepers will be immersed in a training environment centered around tactical, physical, and mental aspects of the position, receiving quality repetitions and coaching feedback throughout. Drawing from all corners of the United States, Camp React also offers the benefit of exposure to goalkeepers and coaches from many different backgrounds and playing styles. Camp React has also hosted professional-level guests who have directed youth academies around the world including Atletico Madrid and Sporting Portugal, giving campers insight into the very highest level of the game.
Why Camp React?
Over 200+ Goalkeepers have moved on from Camp React to play in the college game, including Ivy League schools and top Division 1 colleges. We have had participants who have represented the US, Canadian, and Mexican National Team.
We also have several players, male and female, who have continued on to play professionally, both in the US and Europe.
Big Cat Goalkeeping alumni & current participants include:
- MLS #2 Overall Draft Pick, Roman Celentano.
- Scottish Premier League Goalkeeper Brian Schwake.
- Former Portsmouth Goalkeeper Duncan Turnbull.
- US Youth National Team Goalkeepers: Dylan Auffret (07), Morgan Farnham (07), Molly Vapensky (07)
- Former US Women U20 and current professional Goalkeeper, Phallon Tullis-Joyce
- Mexico Youth National Team Goalkeepers: James Romero (08)
- Canadian Women's National Team Goalkeeper, Lysianne Proulx
- Former US U19 Goalkeeper Alex Budnik
How is Camp React structured?
All registered goalkeepers will have access to the bulk of our training sessions which include two separate daily sessions and lunch.
Camp React provides older age groups (11+) the opportunity to stay overnight at our host university’s facilities – we highly encourage this! It provides not only a feeling of independence and responsibility for the goalkeepers but will help them build lifelong friendships and experiences they will never forget.
Our camp generally follows the following daily format:
- Breakfast (Residential Campers ONLY)
- Morning Session
- Afternoon Session
- Dinner (Residential Campers ONLY)
- Night Session (Residential Campers ONLY)
*Our final day of the week typically includes competition-based sessions for ALL campers while parents are free to attend and watch, subject to change based on weather conditions and location.
What else is included?
- Big Cat Training Tee
- Big Cat Gloves
- Pro Analysis Seminar (Video Session)
- College Recruitment Info
- Q&A with staff
- Access to athletic trainer if necessary (on-site)
- Housing (Residential Campers ONLY)
When is Camp React?
Check our Camps Page for our Camp React dates and locations.